Saturday, July 30, 2011

One For the Time Being



For the Time Being, I'll do whatever I can do...
That night, I don't know if you knew.

I finish a few deep inhales on a joint...
Drifting in I hear this melody.

Peering into a darkened room...
Donna sitting on a cranberry-settee watching MTV.

It's the first time I see you...
I'm in the balcony at the ORPHEUM.

I sense the displeasure of the goths...
Next I'm up-front at the WARFIELD without any shoes.

Dosed on Peyote Buttons I travel 3 days... 
Much later I'm there at MAMA KIN'S another face in the crowd.

I throw a paisley shirt on stage which you promptly kick off...  
At the KNITTING ROOM I never said hello.

My brother and I stand in the background of that photograph...
On route to BOWERY BALLROOM I'm stranded by the side of the highway.

That night you weren't there...
I send a small black-n-white booklet of etchings to S.W. EDEN.

We're standing around chit-chatting at the PARADISE... 
At the IRVING PLAZA I find my way backstage.

At the 'after party' I feel so fucking lost...  
Outside the TUPELO you're legs are getting badly bitten by mosquitoes.

I travel east towards the ocean...
At the ARMORY I'm such a fucking mess.
  
I see the half-moon shining behind your silhouette...
We toke on another joint at the JUPITER LOUNGE.

And then drive a long way home...
MEM

No comments: